The Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques course is a twelve (12) months fundamental course designed for anyone who aspires to be a residential interior designer.
The course consists of two semesters focusing on residential design, touching on subjects such as:
- Design Communication through verbal and visual means such as mood and material boards, sketching
- Design Fundamentals like design principles and elements, colour concepts
- Digital Imaging through the use of Computer-Aided Design software
- Design Studio like scale reading, construction drawing
Upon meeting all the requirements and achieving the Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques qualification, those wishing to learn more about the commercial aspects of design can proceed to the Diploma in Interior Design course.
Aim of the course
This course will enable participants to explore the development and processes of residential interior design – from the conceptual stages of incorporating fundamentals such as design principles and elements into space planning, to the use of materials, lighting and finishes to complete a residential interior design project.
Participants will also have to compile a research journal showcasing their progression throughout the course. It can comprise of materials such as initial drafts, revisions, notes and anything that showcases their gradual, deeper understanding and appreciation of design. With this research journal, they will have a clear understanding of how well they are able to reflect the design knowledge into their final residential interior design project.
The learning objectives for the Certificate in Interior Design and Decorative Techniques course are:
- Immersing and being familiar with a design studio environment
- Conceptualising a residential project through the use of design fundamentals and concept boards
- Utilising various forms of communication to successfully convey design concepts and ideation
- Drafting key construction drawings using hand-sketching or Computer-Aided Design software
- Compiling research information and construction drawings into a comprehensive residential interior design portfolio
The programme consists of 2 Semesters and each semester’s duration is 6 months.
Lectures, tutorials, studio work and course work.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 16 Students are required before commencement of classes.
- Design Communication 1
- Design Studio 1
- Construction 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer Aided Design 1
- Design Fundamentals
- Colour Concept for Design
- Interior Design 1 (Residential)
- Design Communication 2
- Design Studio 2
- Construction 2
- Digital Imaging 2
- Computer-Aided Design 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Material Technologies
- Building Services & Lighting Practices
- Interior Design 2
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each Semester, students will be provided the project Brief and the submission checklist. This course have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
16 years old
Minimum Academic Requirements
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- 4 GCE ‘N’ Level credit with a Pass in English, OR
- ITE/Higher NITEC Certificate Holders minimum 2.5GPA
Language Proficiency Requirement :
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 in English language, or equivalent OR
- GCE ‘N’ Level – C5 in English language, or equivalent OR
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 5; with no individual band – below 6.0 OR
- TOEFL (Paper-based) 500
(Test results achieved within the year preceding application)
- International Student – Completed Senior High School or equivalent
* Those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be required to sit for an entrance test.
Tuition Fee Relief – 33rd Anniversary Special Course Fee
Semester 1 (SGD)
Semester 2 (SGD)
Total Course Fee Payable (SGD)
Course Fees (Usual)
33rd Anniversary Special Course Fee
*Applicable for July Intake Admissions Only (valid from 1st May 2022 – 25th May 2022)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Step 1: Complete Application and Pre-Admission counselling Forms
Please call the school for appointment
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
- Photocopy of NRIC/ Passport
- Copies of Transcripts and Certificates
- 2 Passport Sized Colour Photograph
Note: All documents may either be original documents or certified true copies of the original documents. If documents are not in English, official translations must be included.
Step 3: Send Us Your Application (Email/Walk-in)
Please send your application documents and proof of application fee payment to us.
we accept applications via email and walk-in.