By attending this course, participants will learn how to make strategic and conceptual style decisions, and move beyond decoration to create a new sense of ambience. They will also establish a method for evaluating the elements of a room and how best to arrange furniture shapes and styles to develop creative and emotional design possibilities.
The course will cover the investigation of styles used in creating cohesive, creative and distinctive interior design solutions in residential settings, along with the criteria for an appropriate critical evaluation of a designed interior. This will include aesthetic considerations, functional aspects and the narrative style of the design solution.
With that, participants will understand how to plan methodically in order to begin making creative choices without confusion and indecision, and thus build their confidence in employing the new framework in a cohesive and professional manner that will ensure consistent and successful design solutions.
Aim of the Course
To explore applied design principles in a study of styles and their application to interiors, and to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitude required to increase the range and variety of their creative options in the process of conceptualising, developing and justifying creative concepts for interior design projects.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Produce a cohesive, creative and distinctive interior design solution.
- Develop design investigation and research skills, including observation and recording skills, and to source information that will form design style concept development and justification.
- Develop and apply criteria to analyse and critically evaluate selected style decisions.
Duration of the Program
4 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 8 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries including an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Group Class: $350.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $660.00 for 2 pax.