Colours are the most potent and flexible element of interior design, and the course enables participants to discover its properties, along with investigating its history and psychology of use. Participants will also learn how to introduce colour into an interior in a way that allows for experimentation.
Useful guidelines will be included that build the participants’ confidence in using colour and foster their inspiration in creating new palettes and applications.
Particular emphasis will be placed on the underlying design approaches, terms and definitions relating to colour; the principles and methods of selecting and using colour to achieve the desired effect; and the philosophies, constraints, influences and new areas of innovation associated with the use of colour.
Aim of the Colours Course
To provide the basic knowledge, skills and understanding required to apply an enhanced knowledge of colour into a self-identified residential interior design solution.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Identify the physical, psychological, emotional, social and cultural responses to colour appropriate to interior design.
- Use appropriate colour theories to visually control and create illusions that help enhance or subdue residential interiors.
- Apply the properties and characteristics of colours while taking into consideration the effects of natural and artificial lighting in a self-identified residential interior design scheme.
Duration of the Program
4 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 8 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries include an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Group Class: $350.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $660.00 for 2 pax.