The Light and Lighting Interiors course is designed for participants who wish to learn how to use the properties of light, and the orientation of a space, in order to successfully renovate a residential property. Participants also learn about the properties of various forms of artificial light, and the technical and aesthetic possibilities of ambient, decorative and task lighting.
Participants will also understand how light affects colours, fabrics, surfaces and many other design issues that contribute to achieving a successful interior. In addition, participants will learn how to prepare their ideas and communicate effectively with suppliers, builders, and clients.
Aim of the Light and Lighting Interiors Course
To provide the basic knowledge, skills and relevant understanding of light and interior lighting so that it can be successfully applied to interior design solutions.
Learning Objectives of Light and Lighting Interiors
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Understand the different types of lighting, their directional purposes, and effects upon the ambience of interior space.
- Select electrical fittings suited to the design requirements of a self-identified residential interior.
- Generate a reflected ceiling plan
- Effectively select appropriate suppliers
Duration of the Program
4 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 8 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries including an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Light and Lighting Interiors Course Fees
Group Class: $350.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $660.00 for 2 pax.