This course is intended to assist managers/executives/designers working in the creative industries to understand the fundamental principles of developing an effective design brief, proposal and quotation (BPQ) for Design Services.
The BPQ program focuses on the study and practical application is required to formulate and develop a brief that engages the client and initiates the design process. Skills learned will include identification, investigation, rationalization, and evaluation of the pertinent facts that inform a prospective design project.
This program also covers the development of a proposal and quotation for design and design services. The skills learned will include preparing, presenting and negotiating the fee proposal and proposal terms to win and affect the service appointment.
The program aims to enhance the economic value of the creative industry, making it current, relevant and competitive, thus offering market value which will eventually benefit and encourage creative industry players to widen their scope of involvement in the global creative arena.
The course will also enhance the participant’s skills-set and knowledge-base, enhancing employability and thereby improving productivity in the creative industries.
Aim of the Course
To equip participants with the necessary skills to develop a successful brief, proposal and quotation (BPQ) for a design project in the creative industries.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate information required for the formulation of a brief, proposal, and quotation for design and design services.
- Investigate and rationalise design problems and issues for the development of a brief, proposal, and quotation.
- Develop the structure and information content for effective documentation of a design project in a brief, proposal, and quotation.
- Negotiate the terms and quantum of a fee proposal, obtain the client’s approval and effect the service appointment.
Duration of the Program
4 sessions at 2 hours per session (Total of 8 hours).
A minimum of 8 students per class are required for the Class to commence.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are advised to bring along with them:
- Stationeries including an A4 Notebook with Pens.
- Laptop with software download advised by the school course administer before the commencement of course.
Neat Casual wear (e.g. collar t-shirt, sweater, long trousers or jeans, sports shoes, etc.)
Enrolment fee: S$85.00
Course fee (per participant): $395.00. Bring a friend and enjoy a special rate of $700.00 for 2 pax.