The Interior Decoration (E-Learning) course is designed to aid existing/aspiring interior decorators and designers in understanding the essential skills in decorating interior spaces that are aesthetically pleasing.
Participants will learn about fundamentals like the different types of finishes and materials; how to specify them for different projects and pair them with carefully chosen accessories, decor, and art.
Throughout the course, in-depth knowledge of the various elements that contribute to interior decorating as well as tips and tricks to make an interior space align with the client’s ideology will be shared.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be ready to lead an interior decorating project from start to finish with the skills that they have gained. Participants will also receive an electronic Certificate of Completion from IDIS upon successful completion of the course.
Aim of the Course
To equip participants with the relevant skills to plan and decorate spaces that are functional, expressive, and aesthetically pleasing within an interior setting.
The Interior Decoration (E-Learning) course is suited for the following audiences:
- Interior Decorator / Senior Interior Decorator
- Interior Designer / Senior Interior Designer
- Furniture Sales Designer
- Retail / Exhibition Designer
- Spatial Designer
- Home Staging Designer
- Set Designer
- Wall Finishes
- Floor Finishes
- Ceilings and Doors
- Window Treatments
- Material Finishes
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Understand the different types of wall, floor, ceiling, and material finishes.
- Understand the different types of window treatments.
- Apply different types of lighting effectively within an interior space.
- Apply various accessorizing techniques to an interior space.
- Understand the different types of indoor plants and style them with appropriate pots.
- understand the different types of art and frames and style them appropriately within an interior space.
Duration of the Program
The recommended course contact hours is forty-five (45) hours. Since this is a self-directed e-learning course, the recommended pace will be three (3) hours x fifteen (15) days.
Facilitation Resources and Aids Needed
Participants are required to have an electronic device (eg: laptop, iPad) to access the lesson materials and complete the course assignment.
Interior Decoration (E-Learning) Course Fees
Enrolment fee: S$85.00
Course fee: $350.00. Enrol with a friend and enjoy a special rate of $660.00 for 2 pax (excluding enrolment fees).